- In small glass container, combine shea butter, beeswax, and Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Place in saucepan with 1–1 ½ inches of boiling water
- Stir ingredients for 5–10 minutes until combined
Tip: Use a popsicle stick for easy cleanup.
- Once melted, remove from heat and let rest for 3 minutes
- Add essential oils and stir
- Pour into container and let harden 2–3 hours
- To use, just apply a small amount to cuticles and rub until absorbed.
Strawberry-Lime Sugar Scrub
Are you one of those people who likes skin care that smells like dessert? Most of those products are chalk-full of artificial fragrances and chemicals that trick your nose into thinking that it is the real thing, when it really isn’t. This Strawberry-Lime Sugar Scrub smells like fresh strawberry jam and is even easier to make.
- In a large plastic bag, add strawberries and crush with a rolling pin.
- Add crushed strawberries and sugar into large bowl.
- In a microwavable glass cup, add the organic virgin coconut oil and place in microwave for 15 seconds or until melted.
- In the glass cup with melted virgin coconut oil, add Fractionated Coconut Oil, vanilla extract, and Lime essential oil. Stir until combined and add to bowl with strawberries and sugar.
- Stir until everything is combined. If mixture looks too dry, add 1 teaspoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil at a time until consistency is right.
- Store in airtight container.
- To us, take a handful of scrub into hands and rub together until sugar dissolves. Rinse under warm water and pat dry. For added softness, rub hands with doTERRA SPA Hand & Body Lotion.
Peppermint Foot Lotion
- In small glass container, combine all ingredients, except essential oils.
- Place in saucepan with 1–1 ½ inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until combined (around 5–10 minutes).
- Once melted, remove from heat and let rest 3 minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Let mixture come to a solid. To quicken process, place in refrigerator.
- Once solid, use an electric mixer to whip lotion.
- Gradually come to high speed and whip for 3–4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Place in container. To use, rub on heels to help soften and soothe them.
Tip: For best results, add a generous amount to feet with socks before bed.
Clay Facial Mask
Help cleanse and nourish your skin with this easy clay mask. It is great for all skin types and can be customized with your favorite essential oils. This recipe makes enough for one facial mask and should be applied to skin at least once a week for best results.
- Combine clay and vinegar in bowl and stir until well combined.
Tip: For a thicker mask, add an additional ½ teaspoon of clay.
- Add essential oils.
- Apply to clean skin, avoiding the areas around eyes and mouth.
- Let dry for 5–15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and follow with moisturizer.
Whipped Body Butter
Who doesn’t love soft, moisturized, and healthy skin? The butters and oils used in this recipe are the perfect combination that will leave your skin moisturized for days after applying. Customize your whipped body butter with any essential oil of your choice.
- Measure all butters and oils in glass jar.
- Fill a large skillet/saucepan with one to one and a half inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the glass jar to the center of the saucepan to melt and combine ingredients.
- Stir every few minutes until the ingredients are melted and combined. (10–15 minutes)
Tip: Use a popsicle stick to stir for easy cleanup.
- Once everything is melted, remove from heat and let sit for 5–10 minutes. Add desired essential oils.
- Once essential oils are added, let it rest in a cool place (such as the refrigerator) until it has set.
- Once chilled, take out of refrigerator. With a stand or hand mixer, start on low and slowly turn the speed higher until the lotion becomes light and fluffy (around 3–5 minutes).
Note: Store mixture in a glass jar and keep in a cool place. If needed, re-fluff the body butter by whipping it back up to the desired consistency with a hand mixture.
*Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity so we don’t recommend using them if you plan on being in direct sunlight after topical application. The personal care products that doTERRA produces such as the doTERRA Salon Essentials®, lotions, etc. are a little different. The shampoo and cleansers are wash off products so there is no concern there, as well as the products that stay on such as the lip balm and lotion are found in a small, appropriate amounts that will not cause any phototoxic harm. Because we work closely with experts in formulations, we are able to provide a safe formulation. Essential oils at full strength on their own are very potent and is why they carry the photosensitivity warning.
- Place all ingredients except for essential oils in double boiler.
- Once melted, remove from heat and let sit three minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir until combined.
- Let shaving cream rest until hard.
Tip: You can put it in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- Using hand or stand mixer, whip shaving cream until light and fluffy.
- Place in container of choice.