As the season heats up, it’s time to spotlight one of my favorite dōTERRA citrus oils. This time of year is generally a time to get organized, in shape, and ready for summer vacations. I use doTERRA Grapefruit oil as part of a spring detox routine. Grapefruit essential oil adds a delicious flavor to any beverage for a sweet twist as it helps to cleanse the body of any unwanted toxins in support of a healthy metabolism.
- Add a few drops grapefruit oil to your water throughout the day to support a healthy metabolism and have a positive effect on your digestive system
- Are you trying to shed some extra weight or stick to a diet? Use Grapefruit essential oil to help you meet your goals. Add a few drops of Grapefruit oil into a diffuser to help increase motivation.
- Apply topically as grapefruit can be a great diuretic and lymphatic stimulant (one of my favorite oils to use for dry brushing)
- Add 1-2 drops to a smoothie for a refreshing twist
- Add several drops to your wrist and chest when a craving strikes
- Add 1-2 drops grapefruit oil to your water because of its antibacterial abilities, it is able to reduce yeast/candida which causes cravings for many of us with gut imbalances
- Add 15 drops grapefruit oil or Slim-n-Sassy to a nasal inhaler because grapefruit oil is known to lower cravings when inhaled directly
- Combine Grapefruit and Elevation for a tangy combination, it uplifts your mood and provides an energizing aroma. It’s a great motivation boost to help set your mindset and accomplish your spring-cleaning (of your home and body) this season.
- Adding a few drops to your diffuser necklace is a great place to receive continual support throughout the day and stay motivated
The name “grapefruit” is attributed to the fruits growing in clusters that resemble those of grapes.
Oils that Blend Well with Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit blends well with a variety of different essential oils for additional body and mind benefits. For an ideal blend, combine Grapefruit with Frankincense, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Bergamot essential oils for diffusion.
Cautions-Good to Know!
Possible skin sensitivity. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.