Chew, Chew, Chew
Have you ever sat down to eat with someone and 30 seconds later they managed to eat
their entire meal?
Or…have YOU ever been guilty of that!? Gasp!
Chewing your food not only allows you to appreciate and savor the taste of that
delicious food, but it also plays a very important role in your digestion.
Chewing breaks down your food from large pieces into smaller, more manageable
pieces in order to be easily digested.
It also makes it easier for your intestines to absorb the nutrients and energy from the
food as it passes through your body.
If you’re like most people, you chew just enough naturally to where you can comfortably
swallow your food – and you do it
without even thinking about it.
However this week, I’m
challenging you to chew your
food even LONGER than that.
How much longer?! How about
trying at least 15-20 chews per
That should slow things down enough for you to see some real improvements:
1. The smaller the food particles are, the easier it is for your body to digest…so you’ll
be able to absorb more nutrients and energy from your food!
2. Salivary amylase actually starts breaking down carbohydrates in your mouth…so
you’re getting a head start on digestion.
3. You’ll eat LESS food. People eat about 10% less when they eat more slowly.
4. It’s good for your teeth and gums.
5. You’ll enjoy your food a lot more!
Your challenge this week is to be more
aware of how much chewing and how
slowly you’re eating your food.
Take a bite and ENJOY it!!
You up for the “Chewing Challenge?”
Let us know below!
With Love and Simple Solutions,